Building a Community of Support for Network Marketers and Their Spouses
Five Reasons Why Integrity Is Important
by Kevin on September 7, 2012
image courtesy FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Let’s face it. When we break it down, the most important thing in our lives, that no one can take away (except ourselves), is our word. By living and acting with integrity, we shine an example of how to do business.
In this article, we will focus on five reasons why integrity is important in network marketing.
“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
1. People only want to do business with people they trust – Have you ever done business with someone and felt like something was not right? Maybe their story did not seem consistent or believable. Maybe they seemed slimy or untrustworthy. Chances are that you never wanted to work with them again.
Turn the tables around. It is all about the golden rule – treat others as you would want to be treated. If you can look yourself in the mirror and know that you are being honest and treating everyone with the respect that they deserve then you are on the right track.
2. Future success depends on doing the right things now – Whether we realize it or not, we are constantly working on our legacy and creating a reputation for ourselves everyday. What we do now sets up our future for either the better or the worse based on our reputation and people’s perception of our honesty.
The truest test of whether or not you are doing the right things for the right reasons is to ask yourself one question. Is what you are doing something that you would be okay doing if no one were around and also would be okay if lots of people (especially influential ones) were around?
3. People follow leaders they believe will get them where wheywant to go - Keep this in mind if you are looking to build a team. People want to feel like their leaders are taking them in the right direction and are willing to make the right decisions.
Being a leader means to do the right thing even when it is hard to do so. It is better to be honest than to deceive someone or give incorrect information. This stands even if it means losing a sale, a prospect, or even a team member. Doing the right thing will demonstrate your true colors and leadership ability.
If you do not have any one that you are directly leading, there is no better time to start than now. You never know who is watching your actions and listening to your words.
4. One bad apple can spoil the bunch – We all are connected by a network of people especially in this business. It is natural for people to have perceptions of people who are part of the same group. This applies to your team, your company, and the network marketing community as a whole.
There is no denying it. Network marketing has a bad reputation in the eyes of some people out there because of the missteps of others. Every action that everyone in network marketing makes and every word spoken takes us all one step closer towards or one step farther away from being trustworthy in the mind of someone else.
5. Take a stance in what you believe or others will influence anddecide for you – Take a stance for what you believe in. If you do not have the integrity to speak your mind for what you believe, why should any believe you? By acting in a manner consistent with your beliefs, you are probably doubting yourself.
Also, lack of belief in yourself makes it easy for people to talk you out of the things that you want to do or to talk you out of your goals and dreams that you have for yourself, your future, and your family.
The best way to be honest is to be honest with yourself. People are more likely to believe you when you are genuine and your actions speak louder than your words.